[Oe List ...] Question about the social process triangles . . .

Clarence Mann clarence.mann at umuc.edu
Wed Nov 7 10:12:33 PST 2012

Jim – one specific way to apply the social process model is discussed in
the chapter on CSR “Corporate Social Responsibility” (pp. 291-311), in
*Transforming
the Legacy*, Vol. II.   It outlines a four-step process for a company:

a) to systematically conduct a comprehensive *CSR audit* of its operations
(by juxtaposing the corporate and social process models, based on all
facets of the company’s operations in terms of the perceived needs of its
country environments), and

b) to identify ways in which a firm can better *align its operations to
more effectively address societal needs*.

This approach is based on the views that:  1) effective CSR extends beyond
merely the design of a firm’s products and services – to encompass all firm
dynamics as they effect society – and 2) if done holistically, the positive
societal effects of corporate operations (as well as a firm’s reputation)
can be maximized and the cost of aligning corporate operations for purposes
of CSR can be minimized.

I think the LENS process could well be adapted for assisting firms (through
workshops) with both aspects a) and b) of a CSR audit.

Clancy