[Dialogue] [Oe List ...] Breakfast News Conversations...

Jack Gilles via Dialogue dialogue at lists.wedgeblade.net
Tue Aug 25 13:45:43 PDT 2015

This paper is an interesting read and gives an insight to what our thinking was way back in 1976! This talk was not given by JWM. My guess would be Gene Marshall, it has his style to it.

It made me think that if I was giving such a talk today those would not be my points. It is not that they don’t, or didn’t, have a validity, but it is not how I experience the heresy today, if you want to call it that.

My four columns would be:

1. Righteous Demonization. My Facebook gets a lot of these. “If there weren’t all these selfish and stupid people causing all these problems we’d get the job done!”

2. Focus on Issues, not Contradictions This shows up with a disregard for the systemic nature of life.

3. Winning the argument is more important than solving the problem. Highly located in academia, but a disease possessed by many.

4. Wisdom does lie in the people who live the situations that need to change. Call it “Expertise-ism”.

These are just four quick ones off the top of my head. But they seem to be more in line with what I encounter than the old ones. There are also points in the ignorance of the role of spirit, symbol, etc. in the change process.

Peace,

Jack