[Oe List ...] [Dialogue] Bill Grow

Richard Alton richard.alton at gmail.com
Mon May 15 07:33:01 PDT 2023

Bill Grow, one of my heroes with the Institute. It was like the summer of
72 and was at the 5th City Academy. Did a workday and put in a cement wall.
Lots of digging and pouring cement and blisters. That night I was on
kitchen duty, washing dishes. The next morning my blisters were all red and
running a fever. Went to the hospital- wow, you have a terrible infection
and need that hand operated on today but, unfortunately, we are all full up
and would not suggest you go to the Cook County Hospital. Went back to 5th
City. Bill Grow was on internal care assignment. He was amazing: he knew a 5
th City polish doctor and off we went. The doctor immediately operated like
on his desk- slit open my hand and wrung all this green infection stuff.
Bill saved my life and stayed with me for the next week making sure my hand
survived. He was an amazing caretaker

Dick

On Mon, May 15, 2023 at 2:25 AM Karen Snyder via Dialogue <
dialogue at lists.wedgeblade.net> wrote:

> Brad Grow emailed that his father, Bill Grow, died May 14.  He said, "Dad
> passed away about six hours ago. It was quiet, peaceful and painless. We
> are beginning the process of developing memorial thoughts. He was very
> grateful that there was someone to receive their archives.”
>
> Two weeks ago twenty boxes of Bill and Nan Grow's archives arrived at the
> ICA GreenRise. In one of the last acts of his life, Bill was determined
> that their family archives would be sent to the ICA to be added as needed
> to the Global Archives website.  The boxes are waiting now to be sorted and
> scanned at the July 16-30 Archives Sojourn.
>
> Peace,
>
> Karen Snyder Troxel

Richard H. T. Alton
ICA Global Fund