[Oe List ...] Husband of Guardian Joy Jinks of Colquitt, GA dies at 96

Lynda C lynda860 at outlook.com
Tue May 26 09:10:39 PDT 2020

Gula Clyde Jinks, Jr.     96

     Mr. Clyde Jinks, Jr., of Colquitt died Friday, May 15, 2020, at his residence.  A Graveside service will be held Saturday, May 23, 2020 at 10:00 AM at the Colquitt City Cemetery with Rev. Scott Stanfill officiating.

     Mr. Jinks retired as President of Citizen's Bank and was a member of Colquitt United Methodist Church.

     He is survived by his wife, Joy Sloan Jinks of Colquitt, GA; two sons, Trey (Cathy) Jinks of Columbus, GA, and Richard (Cathy) Jinks of Jacksonville, GA; one daughter, Rosemary (Ryan) Luddy of Holden, MA; eight grandchildren; and eight great grandchildren.

Joy Jinks is one of the key players in moving her little town of Colquitt, GA into the future fame as the town of the southern folklife dramas of “Swamp Gravy.”  Read more:  www.swampgravy.com<http://www.swampgravy.com>   Get more info from Bill and Nan Grow and Pat Webb and Jan Sanders, and others who may have worked with them. Although I never met Clyde, I “knew him” through Joy’s book “Dynamic Aging” and know that he was a caring supporter for both the community work and Joy’s travels around the world with ICA projects.

I remember taking my parents on a South Ga tour (mom is from N. GA) about 18 years ago, which was highlighted by our visits with the Grows, visiting with Joy, and attending Swamp Gravy at Cotton Hall.

With care and sympathy to Joy and their family,

Lynda Cock

P. S. Found this when I was searching:   Joy at 83 enjoys the limelight of a TedX talk at Georgia Tech:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-KEJGgaNZE