[Oe List ...] REMEMBERING Sally Stoval (Emerick).docx

Sherwood Shankland sherwoodshankland at comcast.net
Fri May 24 19:35:01 PDT 2019

Hey Dick - here are the notes that arrived via the OE List in the past few
days. So many of us are with you in spirit on Saturday as you celebrate
Sally's amazing, unrepeatable, well lived life and her completed journey
among us. (Share the attachment as you see fit.)

Blessings as you breath in and breath out in gratitude on Saturday.

In Peace, Sherwood

Remembering Sally Stoval

.on behalf of all of us who are struggling with this one taken so soon.
Lynda

Sally Stovall was an amazing woman. She walked her talk as a founder of
Green Community Connections and as a founding member of the One Earth Film
Fest. both huge undertakings, and are successful, due in large part to
Sally's work. Beret and Paul

I am shocked and saddened to hear that Sally has passed away. It was such a
pleasure to reconnect with her, and you Dick during my time on the ICA Board
of Directors. Her passion and exuberance was always reflected in her radiant
smile. May you and her close loved ones  find Peace in your grief.   Joyce
Sloan

Oh my, my, my. how our journeys fly, fly, fly. Sally's death is a jolt. I
had not known of her illness, so I was caught off guard by the news. Dick
you have been so very lucky to have Sally as a spirit buddy in your 'silver
sneakers' years. Her captivating smile invited conversation and beamed
affirmation. She is greatly missed as I'm sure you already know. Blessings
in these days of grief and reflection, and on the road ahead.    Grace and
Peace, Sherwood and Eunice.

"The new woman--what does she look like?  Strangely enough, she doesn't look
like anybody.  We are never again going to be able to have one figure who
holds for us what it means to be a woman.  ...  All kinds of new images are
coming, but no single encompassing image.  This is part of the complexity of
the 20th century. ...  If you want to know what the new woman looks like,
just turn and look.  She is seated right beside you.  She is already here."
LaDona Wagner (Donna McCleskey)

For me, Sally, like so many on this list, lived the journey and challenge of
"The New Woman" that has so deeply affected our planet and energized our
lives over the last 3/4 of a century.  I am more than grateful. Celebrate
and memorialize her life on Saturday.  Sing loud songs from full and broken
hearts,  Eat together, flavorful and nutritious foods.  Remember Sally well.
Jim Weigel

We will remember Sally this weekend Dick and to all her dear family and
friends, we send our loving sympathy.    In peace and love,  Isobel Bishop.

Dick, my heart is with you and all who knew and loved Sally.  Blessings as
you celebrate her this weekend.  Love,  Sunny

I was so sorry to hear of Sally's death. I stand with you as you celebrate
her unique unrepeatable life.  Joan Knutson

Dear Dick, I am so very sorry to hear of Sally's passing.  I mourn and also
celebrate her full and creative life.  God bless you.   Nancy Trask

Dear Dick,  I am surprised and saddened of Sally's passing.  Thinking of you
and all your family relations as we celebrate her completed life.  Elsa and
Addi Batica

We join you and the family in celebrating Sally's amazing life.  I am
grateful for the times when we were together and I got to know her humor and
gentle determination.  Jan Sanders

What a legacy Sally leaves in Chicago with her dedication to the ever
expanding creation of the Environmental Film Festival for all of
Chicagoland.   This model was a real awakenment event for the many beyond
the usual "preaching to the choir"  in Chicago's 77 neighborhoods, educating
thousands over the several years.  There are many who are looking at what
Sally and you have done as a model for their own communities.  She has
demonstrated a very Trans-Establishment pioneering miracle.  I'm so grateful
that I had a chance to meet and tour some of Chicago's gardens with her last
year when I was in Chicago. Our care and prayers for you and for Sally's
family with two very close family losses.   Grace and Peace,  Lynda and John
Cock

We live in the Word and we die in the Word. Sally was a beloved colleague
and a powerful presence. Her life is pronounced good and complete. May we
hold her in our hearts as well as Dick and the other members of her family.
I miss her. And the Community says Amen.

Grace and Peace, and Love.  Jack Gilles