[Oe List ...] CALL TO ALL 11 03 2018

Linda and Milan Hamilton lindaandmilan at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 10:48:36 PDT 2018

CALL TO ALL 11 03 2018
Three days to go and it is time I honored the contribution of immigrants to this Grand Old Republic. While these three women may not come out of the “huddled masses yearning to breathe free,” they certainly represent the desire we all have to breathe the air free of toxic pollutants, whether the result of carbon emissions, presidential and political discourse, or hate-filled minds acting out their frustrations. They yearn to contribute to making America America again. And Tuesday, whether they are in a tight race or even “not likely to win” according to the polls, I encourage them to keep working and keep running. And remember that the polls all told us that Trump would never be elected President. The real polls that count are happening Tuesday. We are in this for the long haul.

FLA. 1ST DISTRICT
Jennifer Zimmerman (D)
Pediatrician
Born in the Philippines, Zimmerman immigrated to the United States 25 years ago. She is challenging Rep. Matt Gaetz, a stalwart Trump supporter. Zimmerman is a first-time candidate. She faces a male opponent in the general election.

ARIZ. 6TH DISTRICT
Anita Malik (D)
Former tech executive
Malik, a daughter of Indian immigrants, had stints in journalism and tech before running for Congress. She won a close primary and is seeking to unseat Rep. David Schweikert (R). Malik is a first-time candidate. She faces a male opponent in the general election.

UTAH 2ND DISTRICT
Shireen S. Ghorbani (D)
University administrator
Ghorbani's father hails from Iran, and she has made protection of public lands a key part of her platform. The district leans heavily Republican. Ghorbani is a first-time candidate. She faces a male opponent in the general election.

Sent from my iPad