[Oe List ...] CALL TO ALL 11 02 2018

Milan Hamilton mellowmilan2 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 23:46:28 PDT 2018

CALL TO ALL 11 02 2018
Today with four days remaining until the day that will set a new trend in American civil society, I am going for diversity and focusing on three state governors’ races: the first Native American woman for Idaho; the first transgender woman for Vermont, and; a family woman with three sons for Wyoming. Check these women out and I think you will find there is a lot more than surface appearances and labels there.

IDAHO GOVERNOR
Paulette Jordan (D)
State legislator
Jordan wants to become this state’s first female governor, and its first Native American governor. If she wins, she also would be the nation’s first Native American governor. She faces a male opponent in the general election.

VT. GOVERNOR
Christine Hallquist (D)
Energy executive
Hallquist, former CEO of Vermont Electric Cooperative, is the first openly transgender woman to win a major-party nomination for governor. If she wins the election, she would be the first openly transgender governor in the U.S.
Hallquist is a first-time candidate. She faces a male opponent in the general election.

WYO. GOVERNOR
Mary Throne (D)
State legislator
Throne was a member of the Wyoming House of Representatives from 2007 to 2017, holding the minority leader position for her final four years. She faces a male opponent in the general election.

Sent from my iPad