[Oe List ...] Symbols are Important

Karenbueno via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Fri Sep 1 08:46:55 PDT 2017

Andrew Jackson proposed the Indian Removal Act during his term.  He was challenged, and the case went to the Supreme Court.  The Court ruled that the Indian Removal Act was unconstitutional.  Andrew Jackson said, "Let the Supreme Court enforce it!" and continued with the removal of Indians from their southeast lands in what was now the United States.  We have named that march The Trail of Tears, where thousands died on the forced march to Oklahoma Territory.

That story is my main reason to support the removal of Andrew Jackson's face from our $20 bills.

Karen Bueno