[Oe List ...] Gordon Harper

Shelley Hahn via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Wed Feb 10 17:33:34 PST 2016

I didn't know Gordon well at all, but he stood out among the throngs in
navy blue. Of course there was the pipe and goatee ... but there was
something more. As we talked about him over dinner last night, my parents
told me Gordon was a scholar of English (literature, I assume), and now I
can see how well he fit that part. I can imagine him performing on stage or
at the podium, opening young minds to the beauty and genius of Shakespeare.
Perhaps in his quest to save the world, he gave up other aspirations
(totally guessing here). I will say that in the past few months, as he
faced his own death, he posted some of the most eloquent, insightful,
beautiful and loving reflections I've ever read on the OE list. I can see
him clearly in my mind's eye, head tilted slightly back, a great smile,
sweet-smelling pipe ... I'm glad I knew him, if only a little. Sending love
and wishes for peace to Roxana, Geoff, Elena & Stuart.

With warmest regards,
Shelley Hahn

On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 6:32 AM, Linda Barnes via OE <oe at lists.wedgeblade.net