[Oe List ...] Salmon: Our Prayer

William Salmon via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Thu Sep 24 19:42:40 PDT 2015

George and Wanda--

    First, my apology. After re-reading your announcement of Chris' transition, I attempted a Skype call only to find myself weeping. I'm certain that the moment brought back associations of our own son, Wesley; his passing was nearly 35 years ago. I suppose his place in our family history is never filled or forgotten. On second reflection, in your earlier note, it is your phrase ". . . he was part of our community," that had its impact on me. Interesting.

    During an earlier conversation when George introduced Skype to me that included brief greetings from Chris, George, and an Indian member of "our community." Our community: This is the foundation of all that we did and still do.

    After all that is said and done, I am left with my experiences in Rapid City in service to the Sioux Nation.  It is during this time that Chris was assigned to live as a youth in our house. In recent years, I have held these experiences in awe, not for the turbulence--there was plenty of that--but for the lessons Chris and the youth of our Emerging Generation were teaching me.

    At the time, it is unfortunate that I could not see Chris as a teacher, but he was teaching us, through me, to awaken to the Societal End Times that the world is experiencing. This Great Turn signaled to us something much, much bigger than we could imagine at the time. To be fair to Chris, our children (Wesley, Jana and Julie) were a part of this message, and they remain in this mode.

    I'm certain that the youth of the Emerging Generation could not have articulated what they were experiencing on our behalf. The perception of the world was turned inside out. Our youth were The Vanguard and Chris was a soldier in this great turning.

    For the last 30 years I've spent researching how words/language can be framed to speak the Good News to this generation. This effort is successful, and after a nine year research of the New Testament, I'm in the process of writing 9 books identifying my method; three of them are now in print.

    Consequently, I thank Chris in absentia, for being my teacher in awakening me to this possibility. As an Order Youth, Chris was filled with piss and vinegar. At the time, he was teaching me much more than my patience would allow.

    George and Wanda, he grew to make an adult contribution. Now, may he Rest in Peace.

    Grace is yours and peace,

    Bill and Beverly Salmon

PS: Do you have a Blue Shirt to be buried with him?