[Oe List ...] Update on Chris R. Holcombe Celebration Memorial Service Sat, Sept 26, 9-11am

Holcombe Wanda via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Thu Sep 24 15:09:59 PDT 2015

THANKS FOR THE CARING EMAILS, TEXTS, & CALLS  from our OE & ICA Colleagues....It is the care of the community that helps us move forward on our life's journey without Chris in the house next door but truly always in our consciousness & spirit.

Update to Celebration for the life of Christopher Roland Holcombe on Saturday:
*Below in this email is the link to the invitation...All are welcome and after the service we will hold an "open house" at our home nearby the Wells Branch Community Center where celebration will be held.
*Update on how to donate to the Chris Holcombe Memorial Tree fund which will be located in the North Meadow behind our two houses:
	The Holcombe family will have a living memorial built for their beloved son Chris.  The memorial will be a big beautiful tree and a swing on the Wells Branch greenbelt close to where Chris lived. It will be there into the future for many to enjoy and it will be a place where people can sit and just appreciate  nature.
*One method is to pay by check: Our dear friend & member of the Wells Branch Parks Committee has established Memorial tree fund & is willing to receive
checks made payable to: Shelley Palmer (with note indicating it is for Chris Memorial Tree Fund on the check)
Mail to her address: 1709 Gaylord Drive, Austin  78728

*Another method is to go to our Facebook pages and click on the "gotofund" that she also created or use the link in this email:
	https://www.gofundme.com/living_memorial <https://www.gofundme.com/living_memorial>

Our gift back to you is to invite you to visit us someday and sit on the swing near the tree and share stories about Chris & living life in celebration, and to enjoy this link to the song that will be played at the end of the service and join in the singing and dancing to the Word about life:  The past is approved, The present is received and the future is open....All is good, All the time!!!	https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fahr069-fzE <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fahr069-fzE>

Grace and Peace
Wanda & George Holcombe
14900 Yellowleaf Trail, Austin TX 78728
George Cell & email:  512-252-2756 (grholcombe at gmail.com <mailto:grholcombe at gmail.com>)
Wanda Cell & email:  512-619-3469 (wandah70 at gmail.com <mailto:wandah70 at gmail.com>)

Chris battled stage 4 prostate cancer when it was discovered almost 5 years ago. He had a full physical exam a year before & no signs of any problem with his PSA count. Our nurse/daughter Sarai told us then that it was not the "old man's" Cancer & very aggressive. After surgery, he tried every thing the MD Anderson Cancer doctors had in their experimental bag & it kept coming back after every type of treatment. Less than a month ago they suggested he go on Hospice care until something else came available & then would go off Hospice to try something new. We all had high hopes of a longer future for him but his body wore out and passed away quietly Sunday morning <x-apple-data-detectors://0> with family around his bed at home. He moved to a house next door to us when it came available several years ago. So we have had some good family times....but never enough😔

Thank you for all your caring words of support.

Here is the quote our 19 year old granddaughter shared with us (Sarai's daughter):