[Oe List ...] Happy birthday to me

Herman Greene via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Mon Sep 21 06:32:04 PDT 2015

I turned 70 today, seems worth mentioning. It's a big milestone for me.
I'll end my law practice in December and devote myself entirely to issues
of ecology, culture and justice. I get this feeling my life is about to be
turned on it's end, but I don't know how.

It was so nice to see so many of you at Betty Pesek's memorial, to do the
Daily Office again for the first time in 40 years, and to remember Betty
and so many others..

I feel that we of OE still have something great to do together. Jack
Gilles, Marshall Jones and I discussed at length during our time at Betty's
memorial

Al Lingo has a phenomenal memory for order history detail. We listened to
him for hours.

While I'm writing, former wife Joy's house in Denver was flooded in freak
flash flood in June, she and her husband are recovering. My two sons Nate
(born in the Order) and Brendan are well and live in Denver.

Best wishes to those who will gather in Chicago this week. I'll be in New
York working activities related to the UN's new sustainable development
goals that will be adopted at a UN Summit on Sept 25-27. In October I'll be
at the World Parliament of Religions in Utah and will lead a session on
ecological civilization (a small session).

Grace and peace,

Herman
Herman F. Greene
2516 Winningham Road