[Oe List ...] Fwd: GMCA Sept. 17

David Zahrt via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Wed Sep 24 12:36:29 PDT 2014

*WED SEP 17* * Shipshewana to West Park Auto in Lagrange, IN*

Once again the route directions were complex countryside directions. I got
to Hwy 20 as quickly as possible. The shoulders were 8 foot wide. With all
the semi- trucks going by I appreciated that shoulder. I think its because
it’s Amish countryside. And I did have to regularly dodge piles of horse
manure. Since the temperature is getting cooler I'm putting on long
sleeves. When riding for a substantial distance it's possible to have
clothes that retain heat and sweat, and cause you to be uncomfortably cool.
I put on the long sleeved sweater that Heidi gave me for the March. It kept
me warm, and it ventilated so when I sweated it let the sweat evaporate.
It’s the best shirt I have for this kind of weather/task.

West Park Auto gave me permission to come into their office and eat my
lunch. When Izzy arrived we set up the Taj Mahal. The previous night there
were 3 more people sleeping in the tent. We had a camp meeting at 4:30. The
major topic, again, was the NYC trip. There are many details and it becomes
complex. We’re to have a ‘buddy’ so we can keep in touch with someone else
on the March. John Abbe printed out a 5-page document with the events
schedule and location. That helps, but making our way from one place to
another, in NYC, I suspect will be a challenge. The meeting concluded
before dinner. Dinner was leftovers we've had from the last 2 or 3
potlucks. It’s been carefully kept in the refrigerator so it was nourishing
and healthy. Ed, Izzy and JJ were playing their guitars. The sun is going
down much earlier these days. Izzy led us in the sundown song. When I get
back to Carson City, I’ll introduce it to Song Circle. Ed asked me what I
wanted to sing. I told him The Iowa Waltz. When he finished I remarked that
I didn’t want to sing *Yesterday* without an audience. He agreed and we
went to bed. The next morning I discovered that 5 more people had slept in
the tent.

--
Peace, David

--