[Oe List ...] Fwd: GMCA Update Sept. 5

David Zahrt via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Sat Sep 13 19:13:38 PDT 2014

*FRI SEP 05** Blackwell Forest Camp, Wheaton, to Unitarian Church, Oak
Park, IL*

I was up late for breakfast but I was still able to pack my lunch.
Circle-up must have happened when I was tearing down my tent. The route
information didn’t come up on my phone overnight. Ed suggested that we take
Butterfield Road, which had a Prairie Path beside it. I took the path until
it disappeared, then I got out on Hwy 56 and made my way into Oak Park. I
stopped at a McDonalds to see if I could get the directions through my
phone on WiFi. I got them and discovered that the Prairie Path was several
miles north of me. I got directions from a pair of policemen on how to get
back on the Prairie Path.

When I got on the Prairie Path I discovered some local people setting up a
rest stop for the Marchers. I was early, but they welcomed me. I knew the
address of the church so I got on that street and headed east until I got
to it. It was built by Frank Lloyd Wright. They were giving tours of the
building all afternoon. Michael Dowd was scheduled to give a presentation
at 7pm. Ed Fallon had invited me to a Home-stay, so I got my overnight
belongings out of the gear truck. We left before the campsite had dinner,
and missed Michael Dowd’s presentation. I accompanied Ed and Doug to our
host’s house. It was 4 blocks away from the church. Both Norman and Ann,
our hosts, were lawyers. There was some detailed discussion about how
elected officials are monopolizing and misusing the city of Chicago’s
resources. As usual there was also an opportunity to do laundry, to take a
bath in a tub, and sleep on a bed. People have been opening their doors to
us all across this great land.
--
Peace, David