[Oe List ...] [Dialogue] death of Charles Moore

Jack Gilles via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Thu Jul 3 08:39:22 PDT 2014

Del,

For many of us we are his family, still. It is not for us to judge his act nor its sanity. That is between he and the Mystery, which I am sure he was deeply aware of. It sounds insane and a waste to most, I’m sure. I certainly wouldn’t have done it. But that is an opinion and we will never know the deeps of his soul or the call he felt. Our task is to celebrate his existence, his place in the galaxy of the Order and pray for his immediate family that they may be comforted.

In one sense all our deaths are absurd. We were born to be free and act in forgiveness. I take him at his word and deed. We die our own deaths or we allow death to decide for us. As I said, his choice is not my choice, but he certainly understood the call to act on behalf of all.

The last time I saw Charles was at the 2000 Order Gathering in Vail. He spoke and it was not received well and for that I am sorry. He was a beloved man, with so many gifts and so much anguish. May he be at home in the ultimate Mystery. I shall miss him and am grateful for having him shape, as so many hundreds did, my life and direction.

Grace & Peace,

Jack