[Oe List ...] Better GMCA Meetings

David Zahrt via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Tue Jul 15 13:47:56 PDT 2014

Dear Colleagues,

In an email Marilyn Crocker suggested that I introduce our planning process
to the Great March for Climate Action.  I attempted to get TOP facilitators
involved when we were in LA at the beginning of the March, passed through
Redlands, and passed through Phoenix. I wasn’t able to get it going. Since
I have a hearing impairment my sister, Jo, suggested that I might have
difficulty facilitating TOP.  I miss a lot in our meetings, but I may try:

1)      Getting an up-to-date digital copy of the outline of the EI/ICA
planning process (can I get it from the web? What URL?)

2)      Print it out so that people have a hard copy to refer to. At the
moment there are about 25 Marchers. We have each identified a partner, so
I’d print out a copy for each set of partners [one of the contradictions of
the March is that information is stored in memory or on newsprint—in each
case it gets lost.]

3)      Review the process so we’re familiar with the steps—conversation.

4)      Take the steps one at a time and get the brainstorm down and
gestalted—on newsprint; then make a digital copy of the information, print
it, and hand it out for review/ownership.

5)      Start the next step with a conversation about the last session
(printout in hand) and a review of direction we’re headed until we get a
battle plan with
Vision/Contradictions/Objectives/Tactics/Implementaries/FirstSteps.

6)      Create a separate file box to store the information and set aside a

FlashDrive to store it digitally.

What do you think?  Suggestions?
--
Peace, David