[Oe List ...] Fwd: GMCA July 9-10

Judi White via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Mon Jul 14 14:31:11 PDT 2014

Must be an address marching thru yourhome state.
On Monday, July 14, 2014, David Zahrt via OE <oe at lists.wedgeblade.net>
wrote:
> WED Jul 09
>
> Another morning when I got up at 4 AM. The Marchers wanted to get on the
March at sunrise so they could finish the March before it got too hot. We
circled up and got out by 6:15 AM again. We traveled east on Hwy 34 to
Holdrege.  Hwy 34 goes through Atlanta, a town of 100 people. I didn't get
my cocoa until I got to Holdrege. Then I got directions to the hospital and
had my tailbone blister looked at. They required all of my credentials and
I had my wallet! They put me on the scale and I weighted 180 lb. I think I
remember exams in Carson City when the scales read 190! The Dr. gave me a
script for some antibiotic pills and some ointment. I think I've fixed the
seat so my tailbone avoids friction. I found my way to the South City Park.
I set up the big tent even though there was a prediction for a
thunderstorm. We had a camp meeting with some local residents and they
brought a buffet dinner. After dinner we prepared for the storm. Some
Marchers chose to sleep in the city auditorium. We had thunder and
scattered showers about 8 PM. There wasn't anything going on in the park so
I went to bed. In the middle of the night we had a thunderstorm with heavy
wind and rain for about an hour. The zipper to the door of the tent has
been jammed. So in the morning there was a puddle of water at the doorway.

> THU Jul 10
>
> It was a rest day so it was a lazy morning. Some had gone overnight with
contacts or friends. Because of the weather forecast some had gone to stay
overnight in the city auditorium. They made the right decision because in
the middle of the night there was strong wind, lightening, and heavy rain.
I slept through the night, but some of my belongings got wet. After
breakfast I found 2 Thrift stores, but neither had fold-up chairs. The
Holdrege Library's WiFi hooked up to my computer automatically. I caught up
with my journaling, and cleaned up my email.

> In the afternoon I went to the Pool, took a shower, did a front
somersault, and a little swimming. After the swim I got my bass and amp
out. We had been told that we could play at the Farmers' Market. When we
arrived we discovered that they already had a band. They played from 4:30
to 5:15 and then gave the Climate March Gypsy Band the stage. We played
until 5:55. Before the close they asked me to sing my version of Yesterday.
Everyone on the March is amused by it. And I'm the oldest on the March, so
it fits.

> At 6 PM we went to the City Auditorium for a Nebraska report on Aquifers.
We listened to 4 different presentations. It was very technical and
complex. On the March we'd seen irrigation frames upside down in the
cornfield. Someone asked about that. The answer was that there had been 100
mph winds. One presenter was asked for his opinion on the Keystone
Pipeline. He indicated that he was ambivalent and said there are many
pipelines through NE and they are all performing satisfactorily. At 7:30 I
chose to leave the presentation, return to camp, straighten up, get the
stove ready for breakfast, the solar panels down, and go to bed.

--

*Judi White*
http://circlefireflydance.blogspot.com