[Oe List ...] A review of Charles Taylor's "The Secular Society"

Ellie Stock elliestock at aol.com
Wed Jul 10 11:03:13 PDT 2013

Thanks for everyone's comments on Brook's article and Dowd's book/speaking.

Dowd (and Connie) spoke at our church in 2009, and we had heard him speak a number of times before that as well as led studies using his books and dvds, including Thank God for Evolution which I thought was helpful.

In the Order we used to (still do?) call ourselves/the movement "the secular religious".  I think we were right on re the Other World, Profound Humanness and The New Religious Mode (used this for a Lenten Study at church in 2011) work.

Ellie