[Oe List ...] A good reflection on Romney

James Wiegel jfwiegel at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 19 18:51:10 PDT 2012

Wow, having four things to look at slows down the conversation.  I read the two articles on the economy.  I have a confession to make:  I have NO IDEA, either of what needs addressing, or how to address them, to make the economy "better".  My suspicion is that this slowness of recovery has more to do with the seriousness of adjustments being made (shifting energy, technology, skills, moving away from consumption as the driver, and what is required is a combination of things, by a combination of actors.  However, only a suspicion, and I don't believe that tv ads, political pronouncements, or comments by commentators are actually intended to help me sort this out in any depth.

I found the video and captions refreshing.  Though, again, I don't have the historical background or current facts that either one of the two guys had.  I got distracted thinking about the right to free speech and respectful dialogue and a paper from the archives entitled "The Liberal Heresy".

Jim Wiegel
Jfwiegel at yahoo.com

It may be that we live in a time of collective heartbreak ... the sense that we might not be equal to the ecological, political and economic transitions that are necessary, that our own selfishness may be writ too deeply into our genes and that the future is therefore untenable and unreachable. We do not as yet know if this is true. -- David Whyte, “Letter from the House"

Partners in Participation Upcoming public course opportunities:
ToP Facilitation Methods, Sept 11-12, 2012
ToP Strategic Planning, Oct 9-10, 2012
The AZ Community of Practice meets the 1st Friday- Sept 7, 2012
Facilitation Mastery : Our Mastering the Technology of Participation program is available in Phoenix in 2012-3. Program begins on Nov 14-16, 2012
See short video http://partnersinparticipation.com/?page_id=55 and website for further details.