[Dialogue] Rob Duffy's passing

the telfords via Dialogue dialogue at lists.wedgeblade.net
Wed May 18 16:56:07 PDT 2016

Dear Nancy & colleagues
Thank you Nancy for your reflections on life's mysteries.
Sometimes the direction we take at a fork in the road can be greatly
influenced by the advice or action of one individual with whom we are in
contact or conversation. In my case I will be eternally grateful for the
decision which Rob Duffy took to re-assign us to a different location when,
due to the constraints being put upon us where we were, we were weighing up
whether to stay or leave. We are both grateful for the rich and fascinating
journey we have experienced since then which includes the opportunity to
meet and work with all of you at various times.

Another occasion I am aware of when one person's action influenced our
destiny was when we tendered for the contract with the Council for
Aboriginal Reconciliation - we attached a reference from John McNaughton,
who was Mayor of Newcastle at the time and for whom we had facilitated a
number of community meetings. As Newcastle was the first Local Council in
Australia to establish an MOU with the local Aboriginal people, the people
appraising our tender did not even interview us and I am sure it was
because of John's reference.

And as you say Nancy, we set off on these pathways into the unknown
trusting in the Mystery and if we are open to being surprised and
challenged we end up having some amazing experiences.

We will be attending the celebration of Rob's life next Wednesday and will
no doubt have the opportunity to share some stories with others who will be
attending the service and the wake which follows at Ann's place. We will be
happy to pass on any messages from any of you who cannot attend.

Grace & Peace
John