[Dialogue] [Oe List ...] GoingVegan

George Holcombe via Dialogue dialogue at lists.wedgeblade.net
Mon May 11 15:02:50 PDT 2015

Please remember back in the 70’s when it was said that smoking on airplanes would never be forbidden, then it would never be forbidden in hotels, bars, etc.  It was also thought that Fast Food restaurants would only serve the garbage of manufactured foods.  The US is now having to import organics because we can’t produce enough.  Some Fast Food chains are already changing their menus.

The U.S. defense department believes climate change is the no. 1 threat to the U.S.  The US Navy is attempting to convert to renewable energy. BTW, there is a story out that the Naval base in S. Carolina is in trouble because of rising sea levels and some ship repairs can no longer be done there, plus the local town is flooding.

Monsanto is losing money. There is a growing movement among farmers and ranchers to get off GMO’s and to free range their cattle and other livestock.  The pollution from the “meat factories” is showing up in water supplies.  Georgia is picking up the costs of applying for an organic farming certificate to their local farmers.  The list goes on.

Also, you might want to check out the claim that broccoli has more useable protein than steak.

You really should take a look at Cowspiracy and talk to some of your local organic farmers and ranchers. They may tell you some things you won’t hear in the media.

George Holcombe
14900 Yellowleaf Tr.
Austin, TX 78728
Mobile 512/252-2756
geowanda1 at me.com

"Whatever the problem, community is the answer.  There is no power greater than a community discovering what it cares about."  Margaret Wheatley