[Dialogue] [Oe List ...] Breakfast News Conversations...

steve har via Dialogue dialogue at lists.wedgeblade.net
Mon Aug 31 11:02:17 PDT 2015

Jack Gilles quoted earlier this tread said that the "D" in ORID has
disappeared.

"D" might just as well stand for disaster or maybe a "dumpster" for the
seemingly un-ending list of issues,  crisis's and interpretations in this
world.
Do you know where your "D's" are?

It seems like the "I's"  - the interpretations - are trying to say into
existence some stance with which to engage.

---
 In the  Imaginal Education course stance was called "attitude"

Attitude was about having place to stand -"to be" in the world", to be a
 self with a past history and future to decide as a free human being. See
this photo image: https://goo.gl/photos/sD8E79aA4D7K584R6.

Bill Salmon and I had some fun trying to write a little about those old
board images and try to bring them to life in the 21st Century. He's a
pretty good writer, by the way -short and straight.

 Attitude was an essential part of actually having a place to stand in the
-then education crisis of the times - and still have something to have some
vitality to offer any learner 5th City Preschool student, or a Training Inc
student...RS1 CS1 LENS, it didn't seem to matter.

David Scott describes in an Archives oral history interview the same basic
sense of things.

He and his wife and the Fishels as new members of the Order met in a PSU
and developed the Summer 65 for 50 young college students, pastors, and
metro cadres. It was right after he and others left the Selma march and
Martin Luther King...to drive to the West Side of Chicago.

What was this stance or attitude stuff about?
One sense of having a stance or attitude  was you were actually "being in
the game" of your own free will, not being "in the stands" spectating,
opining, booing and cheering the play in someone Else's game.

--
On a more personal note, now being in the game, being in Phase 4 and being
not far from the end of my own game is different now.

When I play, more often it is something like hide and seek with my young
grand-daughter, Indi, she always wants to be in the play of the game. She
is not interested in watching and spectating.

Indi doesn't even want to keep score...she just wants a chance to play
full-out and whole hearted. She is clever at finding! She knows how to help
people find a place in the game...says, you go hide Grandpa, so I do!

I'm the one learning to be in this game, she is the teacher, she keeps the
play of the game. It is serious fun and new and altogether.

Once in a while I bounce her on my knee and tell her stories of people
hiding, then seeking then finding their way from my world. And I show her
her iPad like this one of a friend of teachers and children learning new
things: https://goo.gl/photos/9qTepcXCFs9FDzUx6.
A friend that she knows goes there to help once in a while.

---
Soon we're going to launch  "Imaginal Inquiry" -a place to introduce people
to Imaginal Educational materials available from the Archives Online. You
can see the Twitter site here: https://twitter.com/*50newqs *and follow if
you like.

Steve