[Dialogue] Proposed temporary fix for list problems

Colleague Dialogue dialogue at lists.wedgeblade.net
Wed May 21 09:29:33 PDT 2014

A number of email providers have made changes to their security that has to
all intents and purposes broken mailing lists. If you would like to read
about this, look at:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=dmarc+mailing+lists

Note that in the above link, most of the stories blame yahoo, but the
problem is much broader (hotmail, comcast, and so on).

The symptom is that list mail won't go some of our folks, and eventually
their account is disabled.

A change I can make to "fix" this is to make the lists anonymous, which
means you will no longer see who is writing posts to the lists. I have gone
ahead and done this, so presumably you cannot see who is posting this
message. So please if you post sign your messages as I have done below so
people can see who is posting.

I have requested from our mailing list host an upgrade to the mailman
software. When we get this, I will be able to change the mailing list back
to non-anonymous.

So sign your messages like this:

Tim Wegner

PS If you are someone who received one of those "your account has been
disabled" emails, but you get this, let me know at tim at tswegner.net so I
know this temporary fix is working.