[Dialogue] Wayne Nelson

Beret Griffith beretgriffith at charter.net
Mon Jan 27 18:47:28 PST 2014

The loss of Wayne.Hard to find words. Saturday while driving home from the
funeral for Paul's father in Texas,  I read Jo and Wayne's Christmas letter
to Paul. Their lives seemed close at hand. Wayne and Jo have been lights in
my life for years.

The day before we left to drive to Texas, the  second week in January,
Duncan Holmes was helping me find the source of a document for inclusion in
one of the ICA Global Archives collections. Wayne was a part of the
conversation. He mentioned he was working on a document, ToP Methods
Foundation. He'd completed 17 pages and was eager to keep writing. He sent
me a draft and I had been looking forward to reading the draft and
eventually, his completed work. Today I printed the draft with a deep sense
of loss of a  special colleague and friend.

Over the years I've experienced Wayne's capacity to listen to a conversation
on Dialogue or OE, take it all in, and craft a wise, synthesizing response.
I will miss his contributions to our ongoing collective conversations and am
thankful for his long presence among us.

>From our common memory.

Journey On

Tune: From Elcho Island

Journey on, Journey  on, all Humankind, future is waiting for you.

Struggling, stumbling, all the life through, future is waiting for you.

(Hum the tune)

Opportunities, opportunities, all in your hand, our minds are limited to
foretell.

All of your own, and nature of unseen, future is waiting for you.

(Hum the tune)

Journey on, journey on, all Humankind, future is waiting for you.

ALL TOGETHER NOW

Beret