[Dialogue] [Oe List ...] Wayne Nelson

Susan Fertig susan at gmdtech.com
Sun Jan 26 22:01:57 PST 2014

I didn't know Wayne as well as I feel I know Jo, and my heart goes out
to her.

Jo, you are in my thoughts and my prayers, and I hope you feel the
sharpness of your pain somewhat cushioned in the love of this community.
When George died, I found strange comfort in a book by Joan Didion
called "The Year of Magical Thinking". Nothing prepares you for the
strangeness of that first year alone, but it is at least comforting to
know that others have the bizarre experience of it that you quickly
begin discovering. There were times I thought I was "losing it" because
of the strange thoughts I would have or the dreams, etc. Perhaps you
won't experience your loss that way, but many of us do. I grieve for
you; I don't know that there is anything that can make it easier, but I
hope everyone's love is a comfort.

Susan

Susan Fertig-Dykes
(personal email account)
susan at gmdtech.com

And the Lord shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in
drought .  Isaiah 58:11