[Dialogue] Hmm, the Methodists weigh in, sounds like the "council of a lifetime"

marilyncrocker at juno.com marilyncrocker at juno.com
Fri Jun 15 14:33:50 PDT 2012

Hi John, Randy, George, Bill, Jim et al,

I have appreciated this exchange, and especially thank Jim W. for calling
my attention to the fine statement from the delegation from our New
England Conference.

Over the years voices from the northeast have often been "outliers" among
those of other Conferences (including the General Conference.) I thank
Bishop Jim Mathews (who served us in NE well back in the 1960s and was
long respected as an exemplar of wise pastoral leadership and just
administrative practices) for his legacy, echoed in the statement Jim
referenced.

Let's keep listening....

Grace and peace,

Marilyn

PS  Wonder if M. George or Maynard have insights to add?

On Thu, 14 Jun 2012 03:29:06 -0700 (PDT) R Williams <rcwmbw at yahoo.com>