[Oe List ...] DONNELLY, Rev. Robert

Mari Crocker maricrocker at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 19:27:37 PST 2024

Liz and Martha, thank you for this update about Bruce Donnelly’s passing.

I realize now how little we knew of our colleagues, with whom we worshipped and worked, day after day, in the Order.

I never knew Bruce was an ordained minister, much less the “hippy priest” before he joined our fold.  I always saw him a “the slick, Development Guy,” who was always on the road visiting Patrons.

But our kids knew differently.  Bruce was way ahead of our plodding technology (telexes and WATTS calls).  He and his first wife, Barbara, installed a HUGE SCREEN at the end of the hall on the 7th floor in the Kemper Building in Chicago, and invited us to watch all kinds of interesting films, likely then VHS tapes.  He introduced our emerging generation (and us ole fogeys)  to what is now common practice.

I celebrate the full life of service he gave in so many ways, over so many years.  Thank you Bruce Donnelly, for being you.

Marilyn Crocker