[Oe List ...] ATTENTION/SAVE THE DATE: 4/25/2024 Environmental Film: FACING ADVERSITY, CHOOSING EARTH, CHOOSING LIFE

Ellie Stock elliestock at aol.com
Tue Apr 9 09:11:07 PDT 2024

 Hi Folks!

HAPPY EARTH DAY MONTH!

The last film in 2024 winter/spring environmental film series hosted by the Ferguson Eco Team, (Ferguson/St. Louis, MO), will be FACING ADVERSITY, CHOOSING EARTH, CHOOSING LIFE and shown VIA ZOOM Thursday, April 25, 7:00 PM Central Time, followed by a reflection conversation.
To register for the ZOOM link:   https://bit.ly/FETApr2024

A ZOOM link will then be sent to you to access the event.

Facing Adversity: Choosing Earth, Choosing Life is a 63-minute documentary that explores the speed, depth and magnitude of our growing planetary crisis, and the opportunity we have to meet this crisis consciously – with eyes and hearts wide open. Through a broad, whole-systems perspective, the film examines key challenges (climate change, inequities, species extinction, overconsumption, and more) and explores the deeper transformation being called forth from humanity. Woven throughout are stories from around the world illustrating both heart-breaking impacts and inspiring resilience. Engaging with this paradox — an unfolding global crisis paired with the opportunity to awaken to and serve the well-being of all of life — is the work of our lifetimes. The film features Duane Elgin, Victoria Santos, Jack Kornfield, Joanna Macy, Nate Hagens, Beena Sharma, Lynne Twist, and other contributors who are grappling with this paradox and offering guidance for navigating the times ahead.

FACING ADVERSITY is based on the important 2020 book CHOOSING EARTH, Humanity's Great Transition to a Mature Planetary Civilization, by Duane Elgin, also author of the popular 1981 book, VOLUNTARY SIMPLICITY.

To register for the ZOOM linK:   https://bit.ly/FETApr2024

Attached is a flyer for the event.  Please feel free to share with friends.  For more information, please contact:

Carleton Stockcarletonstock at aol.com
or
Ellie Stockelliestock at aol.com