[Oe List ...] Four Gates of Grief

Karen Snyder karen.snyder10 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 29 16:52:14 PDT 2023

This week the Daily Good had an article by Francis Weller called “Drinking the Tears of the World: Grief as Deep Activism”. Weller articulates four gates of grief that I have never known how to acknowledge before:
1.  Losing someone loved
2.  Neglected places of soul such as as a sense of shame and feeling of inadequacy
3.  Losses in the world of species, habitats and cultures
4.  Loss of community and rituals that keep us connected to our soul

With this understanding one realizes that everyone grieves.  I find myself wondering how much anger and hatred in society covers a deeper experience of grieving.

What is your response to this writing?