[Oe List ...] Completed life of Jack Gilles

sherwoodshankland47 at gmail.com sherwoodshankland47 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 11:21:29 PST 2023

Hey Jack, thanks for being such a profoundly caring pain in the butt. I remember a Cleveland Metro cadre meeting where you we assigned to set the context… you were standing looking out the window for about two minutes while the 20 colleagues waited in silence for the meeting to begin. Then you turned and delivered a stunning witness / context…wondering about the people in the westside neighborhood near the church, what suffering they were enduring from air pollution and discrimination in many forms. And the role we had to play in their lives in bringing the Word of Possibility through every encounter including  the upcoming RS-1 seminars.  You made the “Why” of our recruitment plans clear and compelling.  We got our team assignments and hit the road with our pre-GPS paper maps 😊 and spirit fuel for the task at hand.

Many more stories to share, but for now from that place of deep gratitude,

Grace and Peace, my friend – Journey on! Sherwood

PS – You would have appreciated the Tribute to Rosalin Carter yesterday aired far and wide, with great songs and stories from the heart, celebrating her life, like yours, an amazing life of service.