[Oe List ...] Joe Crocker's Obituary Link

Margaret Scott mardavscott at gmail.com
Tue May 9 06:57:26 PDT 2023

Dear Marilyn,
When I heard of Joe’s death, I experienced a sharp pain  of sadness and
loss.  What I experienced was but a shadow of what you and the boys (and
their families) must be feeling.

When I think of Joe, I think of strength, solidarity, dependability, and
depth.  Whenever we were together, sharing assignments, I knew there was a
bond between us that guaranteed that there was solidarity of commitment to
what needed to be said and done.

When Gordon Harper was in his last days, he shared with us some of his
thinking.  He said that he decided that his death was simply his last
assignment .  He said that he was going into this last assignment knowing
that he was the right person in the right place to do the necessary deed.
He said that he trusted the Mystery: the Mystery knew what was necessary.

I know Joe was faithful to his calling to the very end.  Joe’s life was one
great assignment to which he was totally committed.

Grace and Peace to you, the boys, and their families, and to us all,
David Scott

>From Margaret:
I need to speak from my heart also, Marilyn.  This message about Joe is,
for me, a paradigm of the greatness of the Institute’s colleagues who have
so faithfully, so absolutely stood in this staunch solidarity—in your
commitment to ‘what needed to be said and done’.  I cherish each of you for
who you have always been and for who you are as we gather in Spirit to
celebrate Joe.  His life  is the right symbol for all of your lives and the
greatness that abides in you all.

And so I add my wish to you, Marilyn, and to all:
Grace and Peace.
Margaret

On Mon, May 8, 2023 at 2:58 PM Mari Crocker via OE <oe at lists.wedgeblade.net>
wrote:

> Dear Colleagues,
>
> Thank you so much for your kind words of condolence and memories of Joe.
> Here is the link to his obituary:
> www.directcremationseacoast.com/obituaries/joseph-crocker/
>
> Grace, peace and love,
>
> Marilyn, Ben and Jon