[Oe List ...] Ken's Kierkegaard Pilgrimage

Ken Fisher kenfisher1942 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 24 05:49:14 PST 2023

Dear Jim,

Thanks for this reply. ‘Where angels fear to tread.'

In birth and in death, carnality is still tinged with the sacred, as in the birth myth of Jesus, and in his bodily death; as in the birth of a new family member and the death of an elder. In our cohort, this is nearly all of our ’news’.

How to re-sacralize human love is challenging these days.

Given the craziness of much of social media, (dating through TikTok) and the reams of sexist ads that went with the Daily Mail's brief report on the ‘love hormone’ oxytocin, where is 'the sacred’ expressed? Body hatred and sex-ploitation abound. This is an even more de-humanizing Victorianism.

In the context of our approaching deaths, that Mary and I are having the best sex of our lives, seems too extraordinary not to share with our family and friends. Who knew? We did not. We want to address the reclamation of one’s body, and every body as sacred.

The eleven-week 20,000 death count of mostly Palestinian women and children, a number that is one third of all the Canadian casualties of the five years of WWII, is also a statement of our humanity’s tragedy.

Eros and Thanatos is ever our nature.

Here’s to 'the peace that passeth understanding’.

Ken & Mary