[Oe List ...] "What a Gift" - a John Cock birthday reflection

Susan Erickson craversf at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 14:27:32 PST 2023

*SATURDAY, AUGUST 21, 2010**"Golden Journey"
<http://rejourney.blogspot.com/2010/07/golden-journey.html>*

<http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dj04JBFgMaM/TCo2pQLPkDI/AAAAAAAAD30/7VVSJEp0P3I/s1600/863000143.jpg>

*We joined as two*

*And became oneFifty years ago todayBecoming a familyOf three and four
–Untold progenyAll standing on shouldersA glorious cavalcadeService
boundOne immenseEternal*

*Journey*

~*jpc/LLC*, 8/21/2010

*Namaste*.

*Images:* *see *art form enlarged http://tinyurl.com/2u38clx

*Journey Reflection:* <http://www.rejourney.blogspot.com/>
www.reJourney.blogspot.com <http://www.rejourney.blogspot.com/>
reflect/comment/share
2,300+ daily posts

Dear John,

My heart fills with gratitude as I remember the many ways you inspired and
pushed me to go beyond what I perceived as my limits when you were my first
Prior in the WDC house in 1973. Your passion, humanity, vision and profound
depth was a marvel. One of my favorite stories from those days involves how
the music and story of Man of La Mancha was a constant backdrop. One
morning you were sending the Day I team out to be knights of the noble
quest. As the sole woman, I voiced my objection to being referred to as a
knight and without missing a beat, you said, "okay, I guess that makes you
a knightie." How we laughed!

Today we celebrate unique and unrepeatable you, your exemplary life of
service, and your "immense golden, eternal journey." I join countless
others in feeling so blessed that our paths crossed.

Grace and Peace,
Susan Craver (now Erickson)