[Oe List ...] Remembering Dorcas Rose

Wendell Refior wendellrefior at gmail.com
Tue May 24 18:08:57 PDT 2022

Colleagues -
    I joined Dorcas and family as part of the Albany Religious House back
in 1976 and found Dorcas rock solid as a colleague, a member of the Order,
always intensely motivated and was such a strong spirit she challenged
others by her presence and action to aspire to a higher level.
    All I can say is Thanks, Dorcas for your great contribution and many
acts of service.
Wendell Refior

On Tue, May 24, 2022 at 10:21 AM Beret Griffith via OE <
oe at lists.wedgeblade.net> wrote:

> Images of Dorcas & Ken Rose and Ellen & Dick Howie are still clear as I
> re-collect memories from the years when Ron and I lived in New Jersey. I
> worked at the New York House. The four of them were often at area events
> and they played a huge role in keeping the ICA alive and well in Area New
> York.
> Beret
>
> On Mon, May 23, 2022 at 10:44 PM Mary Kurian D'Souza via OE <
> oe at lists.wedgeblade.net> wrote:
>
>> Thank you for these notes dear colleagues on the journey.
>> In gratitude for the continued expenditure
>> Mary
>>

>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> On 24-May-2022, at 5:25 AM, John Ballard via OE <oe at lists.wedgeblade.net>
>> wrote:
>>

>> We were so sorry to hear of Dorcas’ passing.  We had the privilege of
>> working with Dorcas and Ken through our Area New York events.  For many
>> years, we all participated in our Spring and Fall retreats throughout the
>> area.  Dorcas and Ken were faithful and deliberate colleagues that we came
>> to rely on.  On one of our visits to Troy, we can remember the love and
>> care they showed for their beloved community when they took us on a walking
>> tour of their neighborhood.  They pointed out the special landmarks that
>> they were proud of.  One was the freshly painted mural of African American
>> heroes.  For many years, the Roses and Howies, along with the Ulangcas,
>> were always finding new ways to accomplish the mission.
>>

>> We send Alice and David and their families our deepest sympathy.
>>
>> Love to all,
>>
>> Jack and Louise Ballard

Sincerely yours.
"We must be lovers." "..the sentiment of love. This is the one remedy for
all ills, the panacea of nature." - Emerson in lecture, "Man, The Reformer"
(1841)
Wendell