[Oe List ...] Songs for Collapsing Times . . . I got distracted . . . that happens a lot

James Wiegel jfwiegel at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 3 18:11:55 PDT 2022

A couple of thoughts:
1.  Did you notice that the ICA-USA annual report referenced a song, and even embedded a link to the words?  I wonder about (my archive hat is on here . . .) a small contest to identify those songs from our history still worth singing and then, maybe we could figure out how to attach a video or audio file to capture the experience.2.  There is your work and Ellie's -- I wonder who else is creating and what they are creating?3.  A gift of ours has been to find stuff in the culture around us and either take it directly because it nourishes or tweak (not twerk) it a bit to reveal something.4.  I wonder about poetry.  Working on this "Last Chapter", the small collection "Poetry" (that was used in the CS-1 course and that we "borrowed" as well for the Imaginal Education Colloquy)  has come back to me -- "Buffalo Bill's defunct, who used to . . .";  "Those that go searching for love . . ."; "The mosquito knows . . . "  After 20 minutes or so with a group of people over breakfast and that poetry, everyone in the room knew what it was like to be living in the 20th Century.  What if we shared around and gathered a new collection of poems aimed to welcome people into the adventure of this century?  Jan Sanders and Lauren Brika Liga put together a session for the ToP annual gathering last March and started with a little activity that just got the whole group attending inside of the reality we are facing and acknowledging it . . .
5.  Ken Kinney, one of the leaders in the effort to mobilize the ICA"s across Africa to focus on climate change, shared a poem he had found that might be a candidate.  I will pull  it out.
6.  this is really on a different topic, but I spent the last hour listening to Ben Sasse making his case for the future of the conservative movement / republican party.  a lot of food for thought.  "build a the self-confidence of the American people to navigate this brave new world we are in"

A Time for Choosing with Senator Ben Sasse

|  |  |

|  |
A Time for Choosing with Senator Ben Sasse

Jim Wiegel

Theunknown is what is.  And to be frightened of it is what sends everybodyscurrying around chasing dreams, illusions, wars, peace, love, hate, allthat.  Unknown is what is.  Accept that it's unknown, and it's plainsailing.    John Lennon

401 North Beverly Way,Tolleson, Arizona 85353
623-363-3277

jfwiegel at yahoo.com

www.partnersinparticipation.com

jfwiegel at yahoo.com