[Oe List ...] The Completed Life of John Telford

Kevin Balm balmkevin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 15:11:44 PDT 2022

Dear OE/ICA Colleagues

I have the sad task of informing you of the passing of John Telford,
Wednesday night Australian time. John (and Elaine) was an early member of
OE/ICA in Australia and served in many 'assignments' in Australia and
overseas since the late 60's. Around the transition from assigned life John
worked with CARE Australia in the middle-east and upon return to Australia,
with Community Aid Abroad. It was around this time that I began my close
association with John and Elaine. I had the honour of working with John
delivering ToP facilitation training for Agriculture advisors (a role John
played in an early part of his career) as well as working in Timor Leste in
its post-independence years.  John and Elaine were integral members of
Australia's reconciliation movement serving on state and national task
groups as well as helping develop some pioneering support materials. John
remained an active member of the ICA, especially here in Australia
throughout his time. For me, John most represented the power of followership
in a world that overly glorifies leadership. He supported, drove and nudged
into being many initiatives from the side lines.

Our deepest sympathies to Elaine and Michelle, Kathy and Amanda and their
families at this time.

Kevin Balm