[Oe List ...] Death of Judith Jones Hickey

John & Louise Ballard ballardica at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 17:54:07 PST 2022

Dear Colleagues and Friends,

This will follow up our previous email regarding the death of Judy Hickey.
Judy died on Friday, December 23rd, 2022.  The funeral is Friday, December
30, 2022 at 11 AM at Grace UMC,  5407 Charles Street, Baltimore, MD.  To
contact Carl:  email:  carjudhkey at yahoo.com <mailto:carjudhkey at yahoo.com> .
His phone number is 410/472-3452 and mailing address is 1300 Corbett Road,
Monkton, MD  21111.

Jack and I first met Judy at Western Maryland College, she a year ahead of
us.  In our small private college, Judy was a standout, being selected for
many honors including Who's Who in American Colleges and Universities and of
course, our Homecoming Queen, with her beauty and grace.  Judy and I sang in
the College Choir together for three years.  Yet what really brought us
together was the two men in our lives who were attracted to the Order
Ecumenical.  Ask Carl sometime to tell you story of how they met and the
astonishing things he did to marry his future soulmate.  We all found the
order in different ways.  Yet we ended up sharing a ministry at Rogers
Memorial UMC in Baltimore in 1969 and 1970, when Carl and Judy and kids
interned in the Washington, DC house. They went on to other assignments just
as we entered the DC house to begin our intern year.  Sometime ask Jack and
Carl for stories about the Rogers Day Care center and other crazy things
that happened in those years.  Judy will always be remembered for her
gentleness, sharp intellect, caring thoughtfulness, her beautiful smile for
everyone and intense love of family and the world.

Many blessings on Carl and the family for the loving care of Judy these last
difficult years.

Grace and peace,

Louise and Jack Ballard