[Oe List ...] Lakota

Frank Knutson frankknutson2 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 09:52:22 PDT 2022

Amelia Kroger has given me permission to post her plea for contributions to the Lakota People’s Project.

You may have read he news about the hotel in Rapid City  that outlawed any Indians to stay there.

From Amelia:

I commented and sighed. You all may want to as well. Copied below is my comment.  a

Sir - From 1976 - 1979 my white middle class family lived on the Standing Rock Reservation, primarily in the village of Cannon Ball with a Human Development Project. Yes, there were numerous issues, most severely alcoholism and a sense of low human worth among residents. Yet spirits amazingly did not give up on dreams for a better future.  I recently learned of the incident described below. It reminded me of an incident on the reservation, the 1976 election year. Two state candidates handed out bottles of Gold Bell wine to adults who expressed interest in giving them their vote. My husband and I did contact the Governor expressing our  shocked bewilderment. Struck us then and strikes me now that the  sorry attitudes among non-natives toward Native Americans (keyword Americans!) remains. Please read on . . . . .

Amelia Kroeger
612-757-8905

You can get more info from . . .