[Oe List ...] Adventures of Joe Biden--Inauguration Day!

mellowmilan2 at gmail.com mellowmilan2 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 07:29:54 PST 2021

I wrote a lot of 'Adventures of Obama' during the times now past. Ogden
Nash, who wrote comic poetry in the 1920s, wrote 'Adventures of Isabel,' a
40 line poem in rhyming couplets. I took my poetic license and wrote a
series of the Adventures of Obama in 10 line segments at a time. Each stanza
tells the of encountering seemingly impossible odds and turning them into
victory in unexpected ways. The original Isabel was a little girl who met a
ravenous bear, an ugly witch, a one-eyed giant, and a despairing doctor and
used her "magic" powers to win out in the end. I am continuing to use my
poetic license with a nod to Ogden Nash in the Adventures of Joe Biden.

Adventures of Joe Biden-Inauguration Day

Joe Biden showed up for inauguration

Knowing he'd face a divided nation

Mitch and his minions known for obstruction

Smiling as though there'd been no eruption

Of venomous attackers hunting their heads

At the urging of Donald who now they did dread

Joe Biden, Joe Biden didn't worry

Joe Biden didn't scream or scurry

He calmly took his oath, made his stand

And brought civility back to our land.