[Oe List ...] September book conversation with Kate Raworth's Doughnut Economics

Karen Snyder karen.snyder10 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 18:30:12 PDT 2021

You are invited to participate in a unique conversation and study of Doughnut Economics by Kate Raworth. After reviewing book chapters and related websites, we will design new images to think like a 21st economist, answering: How to change economic goals?  See the big picture? Nurture human nature? Get savvy with systems thinking? Focus on distribution and regenerative systems instead of growth?  In each session the focus will be on local economics in your household, community, city or state. We will review the book for the depth of her ideas.  You can also participate by reviewing related TED talks and many articles on Doughnut Economics websites.

Kate challenges us to new economic thinking by drawing the change you want to see in the world: “By combining the well-known power of verbal framing with the hidden power of visual framing, we can give ourselves a far better chance of writing a new economic story - the one that we so desperately need for a safe and just 21st century.  It’s easy to get started. Just pick up a pencil and draw."

Facilitated by Jan Sanders and Karen Snyder, the sessions will be held September: 7, 14, 21, 28 from 8-9:30 PM Eastern time.

If you are interested in participating, send an email to:  icaglobalschedule at gmail.com <mailto:icaglobalschedule at gmail.com>