[Oe List ...] Charles Hahn Obituary

Nancy Lanphear nancy at songaia.com
Mon Mar 30 17:26:42 PDT 2020

Dear Ones,

I do not know Charles' favorite songs.  The one i began singing immediately
upon reading Jim's question of a song, it was this.

THE COST OF MY CARE - (tune: Anniversary waltz by Dave Franklin and lyrics
by Al Dubin)
Given the chance to do life in the deeps, to serve humankind is the gift
that I be.
To care for the world is the burden I bear, invent with my life,'tis the
cost of my care.

Chorus: Strange awful power is dancing through me, buoyantly forging
impossible be,
With all my all heart I'm poured out endlessly, I'm burdened eternally.

Wholly engulfed in unbounded rapport, doomed for the world, my life wholly
outpoured.
Always encumbered, tomorrow is here, molding my future the cost of my
care.  Chorus

Burning with wisdom, empowered to do, the weight of the world for all folks
everywhere.
Guardian of all, to all history an heir, absurdly in charge, 'tis the cost
of my care.  Chorus.  (Repeat firs verse without the chorus)

With love for all who have been on the MARCH .... 💟  I canhear us singing
as we walk together ....
Nancy