[Oe List ...] Good article on collaboration, great example of the importance of framing and also “guardians” in actually achieving something

John Webster plute5491 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 05:53:53 PDT 2020

This was at summer research assembly in 1976. Our team prepared a draft
during a “Week Two.” I still have “brainstorm” notes. I remember that
Charles and Brooke seemed to be in heavy conversations unrelated to the
task at hand and thus didn't contribute very much. We turned our draft over
to John Epps who was coordinating the writing of other papers that week as
well. I think he edited it some and passed it along to Desmond for further
refinement. I still think it reads like it was written by a committee,
which indeed it was. I've thought that someone needs to re-write it to put
a little more oomph and style to it. Not me, I'm not a literary stylist,
and besides, at age 93 I'm not up to it.