[Oe List ...] Sally Fenton

Beret Griffith beretgriffith at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 15:35:43 PDT 2020

Sally - Coming to work in the archives no matter how she felt. I hadn't
seen Sally in years when I began working with her in the archives in 2010.
Sandra True got me to come and help with sorting and categorizing the Town
Meeting Collection. Marge, Sally and Rosemary oversaw the huge project.Then
in 2011 Frank and Paul were added to the mix. The team had a great time
together. Sally and Frank got together around the same time as Paul and
myself - 2011.. The four of us spent a lot of time together - hours and
hours in the archive space. Then, on occasion, drinks at Sally's home
before dinner out. We talked for hours. After one sojourn we spent a
weekend together at the Wisconsin Dells...more talking and talking - a lot
about the archives. As the years passed Sally was often not feeling well
and would still come in the morning to work. She was instrumental in
working with Marge and Rosemary to make sure the documents were
professionally handled. She created the Archive Processing Notebook which
guided the handling and filing of documents. When she was not able to come
to the archives we would visit with her at home, where she continued to
work. At the end of a sojourn Paul and I would get some breakfast goodies
and have breakfast with Sally at her place before heading back to
Minnesota. She contributed so much to the running of the archives and was
knowledgeable about every facet of work. Journey on dear Sally.
Beret Griffith & Paul Noah