[Oe List ...] Sally Fenton

Jack Gilles jackcgilles at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 12:41:02 PDT 2020

Dear Frank,

I know how much this loss means to you personally. I delighted so much how you two found the love and glory of each other late in your lives, but it was (is) there. And it brings back my memories of Sally (and Jim).

I was a third teacher in your Cincinnati RS-I. With George Holcombe and I think Marilyn Crocker. I remember being with them at the noon break on Saturday and George saying “Its all over, we could go now.” I had no idea what the hell he saw that I didn’t, but he was right. Now I know that somehow Tillich had hit home and the Spirit had been present. I was just too green to detect it.

I spent more time with Sally in the Archives. My first impression was that the three women; Marg, Jean and Sally were like giant rocks of determination that could not be moved, but each wore that dress with different style. Sally always seemed to raise the doubts, but most of the time with a chuckle at the end. And I learned that when she chuckled it was her Amen; it will be done.

I will miss that laugh, I will miss her arrival each day. But I rejoice that the three rocks are part of the wall of wonder of we will encounter when we join them.

Love to you and to all,

Peace,

Jack