[Oe List ...] Updates from the Hahns

Isobel and Jim Bishop isobeljimbish at optusnet.com.au
Thu Feb 20 15:44:31 PST 2020

Hello Doris,

Thank you for giving us your new details.  I was thinking about you both earlier in the week, and wondering how you were both doing.

I am so glad to hear that the transition has been well accomplished. We wish you many years of good living, with friends and family to encourage and

support you.

This is a special time in our lives, and  we are well trained in how to live our lives happily.   I often think of the term ‘ problemlessness  living, and

remember when Lyn Mathews you to say the words, they just rolled off her tongue!

Jim and I live in our ‘ own  little retirement hostel’ he says, because we have all our needs met within short walking distance. We feel truly blessed.

Jim at 90 is quite well,( he says  ” pretty good for an old bloke) “   and does a day walk. I being younger, still get out and about, and my main passion is

with refugee  families. We are more than fortunate to have our three adult family within very close driving distance. Grandchildren too!

I found out aged about 65, that my mother’ s family were French Protestants, Huguenots, and had fled from their home in north east France at the

time of the French Revolution. Eventually they settled in Ireland and changed their name to an anglicised one. So I realised why I was so passionate

 about our masses of refugees here. I wrote about this in my Memoirs. Both of us ( courtesy of the late dear Jean Long) placed our Memoirs in

small  book form and in digitised form, in our Archives. Thanks be to you Doris and to your beloved Charles, for being such an icon to me and so

many others.

With love, and grace and peace are yours,

Isobel Bishop.

Isobel and  Jim Bishop
isobeljimbish at optusnet.com.au