[Oe List ...] Marianna Bailey and Bill Bailey memory

Elizabeth Caperton elizabeth at ehcaperton.com
Thu Aug 6 07:52:33 PDT 2020

Following is the story I have shared with Marianna and her family. My best memory of Oklahoma 100 was the closing singing that was absolutely transformative and amazing—thank you Louise Ballard for instigating and leading it. But the funniest memory was Marianna’s ‘training’ of a guardian in doing circuits.

There was a gentleman who was newly excited about ICA and being a guardian. He was from East Texas and married to the heiress of Mathis TV. He had bought an Order blue Cadillac—yes, really. So he arrived to help set up Town Meetings in his caddy and went out with Marianna.

She made him join her to in-kind lunch from McDonald’s. There he was standing in front of the store manager requesting a free lunch while in the background was his Cadillac—and he could have bought the whole menu without a blink. She was exposing him to living off the land as all of us did.

I don’t know how long he stayed enamored with ICA but I’m sure he never forgot that experience.

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Caperton
elizabeth at ehcaperton.com
404-543-2222