[Oe List ...] Celebrating the Completed Life of Shirley St. John.

Karen Snyder karen.snyder10 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 08:23:37 PST 2019

Was it 1990 that the ICA Assembly was held in Taipei?  On the way home I spent a night in the Tokyo House.  Shirley and Wendell St. John and Joan Knutson took me to dinner. They smilingly told me what dish I was to order – a dinner of flowers. I can hear Shirley saying, “We are not getting this dish because we have had it before; but we want to treat you with this experience.”  (It was the most expensive item on the menu!)  I remember there was salmon with a salad of flowers, the ‘vegetables’ were flowers and the dessert was rose ice cream.  It was the most delicate and delicious meal I have ever had and the memory of it continues to this day.  But the greatest memory was the generosity and happiness of the three in giving me this gift – and Shirley was in the midst of it.

Peace,
Karen Snyder Troxel