[Oe List ...] Fw: [earthrise] Re-discovering the Fat Lady

Bill Schlesinger w.schlesinger at pvida.net
Sun Mar 10 15:32:39 PDT 2019

Reversed and tipped.

From: OE [mailto:oe-bounces at lists.wedgeblade.net] On Behalf Of Jann McGuire via OE
Sent: Sunday, March 10, 2019 12:40 PM
To: Order Ecumenical Community <oe at lists.wedgeblade.net>
Cc: Jann McGuire <jannmcguire at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Oe List ...] Fw: [earthrise] Re-discovering the Fat Lady

Thank you, Marshall and Ken. My mother's 1930 high school yearbook was replete with swastikas. I think the theme was Hiawatha, which fits with the Canadian link.

Our Lindsay UMC sermon this morning, was on the hymn " When Peace Like a River". Such an interesting story. Here's the link if anyone is interested:

. https://www.umcdiscipleship.org/resources/history-of-hymns-it-is-well-with-my-soul

I've been writing the story of our first RS-1(1967) and sharing it in my weekly writers workshop. The two Hindus in the group don't have a clue what it's about. The Catholic and Southern Baptist ladies are fascinated.

Grace and peace,

Jann McGuire