[Oe List ...] Fw: [earthrise] Re-discovering the Fat Lady

Jann McGuire jannmcguire at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 11:40:23 PDT 2019

Thank you, Marshall and Ken. My mother's 1930 high school yearbook was
replete with swastikas. I think the theme was Hiawatha, which fits with the
Canadian link.

Our Lindsay UMC sermon this morning, was on the hymn " When Peace Like a
River". Such an interesting story. Here's the link if anyone is interested:

.
https://www.umcdiscipleship.org/resources/history-of-hymns-it-is-well-with-my-soul

I've been writing the story of our first RS-1(1967) and sharing it in my
weekly writers workshop. The two Hindus in the group don't have a clue what
it's about. The Catholic and Southern Baptist ladies are fascinated.

Grace and peace,

Jann McGuire