[Oe List ...] Jean Long Songbook

Lynda C Lynda860 at outlook.com
Mon Apr 8 17:28:43 PDT 2019

Frank,  what a lovely gift you have created in memory of Jean.  I had hopes that we could have a song fest with her at a rehab center, but that was not to be. She has been the Archive Anchor at 4750 for several years now and her work has been key to the ongoing sojourns. There will be some profound singing at the Archives Sojourn next week as we remember her passionate singing and her passionate care for our community.

In keeping with Marsha’s comment about Jean’s decisional poverty, I suggest we add the Poverty song if you have room.  The line “in holding to naught, there the secret is found.  You are wealth when not by wealth bound” stands out for me.  Jean began giving her money away before she left Denver.  Her love for RS-I was strong and when she heard that John was experimenting with a more secular version, she wanted us to have a course in Denver so that the people she worked with could have a taste of what had made such a difference in her life.  She sponsored that course in Denver and paid for a number of people to be in attendance as part of her “downsizing.”

Jean was with us in Fifth City Chicago in the early 80’s and taught at Training, Inc.  She later took her Training, Inc. experience to India and taught the New Skills Training School.  Her legacy lives in many places.

Journey on, dear Jean.    Lynda and John Cock